from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a Muslim, Berber-speaking people inhabiting the western and central Sahara and western Sahel of northwest Africa.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A traditionally nomadic Berber people of the Sahara
- proper n. Any of various Berber languages spoken by the Tuareg people
- n. A member of the Tuareg people
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of a nomadic Berber people of the Sahara
- n. the dialect of Berber spoken by the Tuareg
Arabic ṭawāriq.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Arabic الطوارق (al-Tawaariq, "the Tuareg"), from طارقة (Taariqa, "calamity"), from طرق (Táraqa, "to knock"). (Wiktionary)