from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a mainly agricultural Turkic people inhabiting the Xinjiang region in China.
- n. The Turkic language of the Uigurs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Alternative form of Uyghur.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of a people who speak Uighur and live in Xinjiang and adjacent areas
- n. the script (derived from Aramaic) used to write the Uighur language
- n. the Turkic language spoken by approximately 7,000,000 Uighur in extreme northwestern China
Uigur.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)