from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Lauraceae — the California laurel or Oregon myrtle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. A genus of deep-sea alcyonaria consisting of a cluster of large flowerlike polyps situated at the summit of a long, slender stem which stands upright in the mud, supported by a bulbous base.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of apetalous trees, of the order Laurineæ and tribe Litseaceæ.
- n. In zoology, a genus of deepsea alcyonarian polyps, having the polypites clustered in an umbel on top of the polypidom, and a long slender stalk somewhat bulbous at the base, as in U. encrinus or U. grœnlandica.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. aromatic evergreen trees of Pacific coast
Sorry, no etymologies found.