from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- LakeUrmia A shallow saline lake of northwest Iran between Tabriz and the Turkish border. The city of Urmia, on the western side of the lake, is reputed to be the birthplace of Zoroaster. Population: 583,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A saltwater lake in northwestern Iran near Turkey. Second largest saltwater lake on earth.
- proper n. City in northwestern Iran on the shore of the lake of the same name. Capital of West Azerbaijan province.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city on the western side of Lake Urmia in northwestern Iran
- n. a shallow saline lake in northwestern Iran between Tabriz and the western border of Turkey
Sorry, no etymologies found.