American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Virgil Originally Publius Vergilius Maro. 70-19 B.C. Roman poet. His greatest work is the epic poem Aeneid, which tells of the wanderings of Aeneas after the sack of Troy.
- n. Pūblius Vergilius Marō (70-19 B.C.), Roman epic writer from the Augustan period, best known for writing the Aeneid.
- n. A male given name, of mostly American usage.
- n. a Roman poet; author of the epic poem `Aeneid' (70-19 BC)
- Latin Virgilius, from the Roman clan name Vergilius, of unknown meaning. (Wiktionary)
“Captain Virgil Hilts: Yeah, about 99 percent. von Luger: Then perhaps while you are with us you will have a chance to learn some.”
“There was McQueen, whose character, Captain Virgil Hilts, epitomized “cool.””
“* More a bowl of cheese, herbs, and other things than a melting pot, assuming the quote attributed to Virgil is the source.”
“It's interesting that if you look back before this period there is virtually no literature that praises Grand Nature .... nothing in Virgil, Dante, Shakespeare or Milton ... it's all about the human form, about delicate beauty, about ordered gardens and symmetrical patterns.”
“When she served in the U.S. military, Sabrina was known as Virgil, the name given to her by her parents, and she wanted to get the health care she had earned from the Veterans' Administration.”
“Claiming that Virgil is doing a crappy job because of the loss of jobs is pretty shortsighted and is really just nonsense.”
“Virgil is essentially the incumbent mayor of the 5th District.”
“I think Virgil is trying to say (again) that out of state money made the difference in this race.”
“There are also gaffes, like having Virgil say that Mandemus was his teacher when he was young — but Virgil is at least 20-25 years old, which would go back to Conquest era, and Mandemus would be a mute orang hauled in a crate from Borneo.”
“Virgil is entitled to a recount-same as Creigh, Al Franken and many others.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Virgil’.
People, places etc in Against Nature.
Looking for tweets for Virgil.