from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of a pair of Wellington boots.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A riding boot for men, the front of which came above the knee; also, a similar shorter boot worn under the trousers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A riding-boot with leg extending upward at the rear to the angle of the knee, and high enough in front to cover the knee.
- n. A similar boot, somewhat shorter, worn under the trousers, and fitting the leg closely.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (19th century) a man's high tasseled boot
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.