from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to John or Charles Wesley or to Methodism.
- n. A Methodist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to John Wesley (1703-1791), founder of Methodism.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Methodism in general
- n. A supporter of Wesleyanism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Wesley or Wesleyanism.
- n. One who adopts the principles of Wesleyanism; a Methodist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to the English family to which John and Charles Wesley belonged, or to any of its members: as, Wesleyan genealogy or characteristics; Wesleyan. hymnology.
- Specifically Of or pertaining to John Wesley (1703–91), or the denomination founded by him: as, the Wesleyan Methodists; Wesleyan doctrine or Methodism. See Methodist.
- n. A follower of John Wesley; a Wesleyan Methodist. See Methodist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to or characteristic of the branch of Protestantism adhering to the views of Wesley
- n. a follower of Wesleyanism
Wesley + -an (Wiktionary)