from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or observed on Whitsunday or at Whitsuntide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Whitsunday
- n. The holiday beginning on Whitsunday
- adj. Of, or relating to Whitsunday or Whitsuntide
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or observed at, Whitsuntide
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or observed at Whitsuntide; following Whitsunday, or falling in Whitsun-week: generally used in composition: as, Whitsun-ale; Whitsun -Monday, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Christian holiday; the week beginning on Whitsunday (especially the first 3 days)
Middle English whitsone, back-formation from whitsonday, Whitsunday; see Whitsunday.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)