American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A breaded veal cutlet.
GNU Webster's 1913
- A veal cutlet variously seasoned garnished, often with lemon, sardines, and capers.
- n. deep-fried breaded veal cutlets
- German, from Wiener + Schnitzel (Wiktionary)
- German : Wiener, of Vienna, Austria + Schnitzel, cutlet. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Wiener schnitzel’.
Cultural realia from Hungary.
I have only included realia that already have an English spelling variant and DID NOT include Hungarian words that would be used in English texts unchang...
Looking for tweets for Wiener schnitzel.