from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A version of the encyclopedia Wikipedia (an open-content online encyclopedia, collaboratively developed over the World Wide Web) in a particular language.
- proper n. A heterogeneity which encompasses this encyclopedia in its many language versions, the community that develops it and the process of its development.
- proper n. A main-belt asteroid (No. 274301).
- n. A source of abundant encyclopedic knowledge.
- v. To consult Wikipedia for information.
Blend of wiki and encyclopedia, coined by Larry Sanger. (Wiktionary)