- n. The number thirty in Roman numerals.
- n. computing Used as an indicator in source code to mark that some work still has to be done.
- n. Traditional brewer's mark for barrels of "extra strong" beer - extended to other alcoholic beverages and other products having an "extra strong" dimension (varying from washing soap to pornography).
- n. An indicator of hazard or poison.
- adj. Extra strong - very high quality
- adj. X-rated, pornographic.
- v. To delete; to edit, especially to conceal or suggest vulgar language.
- Very doubtful - although possibly from X, a graphic derivative of the skull and crossbones ("indicator of death") (Wiktionary)
“RE: bailout package = $700 billion, Residential mortgage market (+derivatives) = $12 trillion, Commercial mortgage market = XXX billion, Leveraged loan market = $XXX billion, high yield market = $XXX billion, CDS market = $69 billion, + equity, commodity and various fixed income derivates, overvalued and illiquid real property and raw land = $XXXX billion.”
“Make $XXX, XXX Each Year With Simple Niche Blogs - OVER 40 Step By Step Videos ”
“Make $XXX, XXX Each Year With Simple Niche Blogs - OVER 40 Step By Step Videos & Guide”
“Say something like "I want to upgrade to the Treo 700p" and the telesales guy said it would be XXX amount but now they are telling me its +XXX amount.”
“Rather than defending the whaling as a matter of research, Norwegians should just say: Yes, it’s cruel, but pay us XXX XXX XXX$ for each whale we would otherwise kill, and we’ll find some other research to do.”
“I don't know if this is a legal or simply a professional courtesy -- but when your book of short stories or poems finally appears, there ought to be a page or at least a few lines of acknowledgment, which will stay something like: "Stories in this collection previously appeared in other publications: XXX appeared in Ploughshares, under the title XXX; XXX and XXX appeared in the New Yorker; and an earlier version of XXX appeared in the Atlantic.”
“XXX' is unidentified in the report to protect confidentiality.”
“I shoot the 100 grain XXX in my 25-06 handloaded to 3250 fps.”
“Will make no more than three program (ex. change education in XXX way) commitments, because that's all you can do in one term”
“I think the slogan “Best viewed in XXX browser” drives home the main point.”
Looking for tweets for XXX.