from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a people inhabiting the region of the Lena River in eastern Siberia.
- n. The Turkic language of the Yakut.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of a Siberian people who speak a Turkic language, and live in the Lena river basin.
- proper n. The language of these people.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The Turkish language of the Yakuts, a Mongolian people of northeastern Siberia, which is lingua franca over much of eastern Siberia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of a people of Turkish or mixed Turkish origin, dwelling in Siberia in the neighborhood of the Lena.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of a Turkic people of northeastern Siberia (mainly in the Lena river basin)
- n. the Turkic language spoken by the Yakut
Sorry, no etymologies found.