American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A fabric woven of the hair of camels or goats.
- n. A loose-fitting sleeveless garment made of this fabric, traditionally worn by Arabs.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A coarse woolen stuff, woven of goats' or camels' or other hair or wool in Syria, Arabia, and neighboring countries. It is generally striped, sometimes in plain bars of black and white or blue and white, sometimes in more elaborate patterns.
- n. An outer garment made of the above, very simple in form, worn by the Arabs of the desert. The illustration shows such an aba, made of two breadths of stuff sewed together to make an oblong about four by nine feet. This is then folded at the lines a b, a b, the top edges are sewed together at a c, a c, and armholes are cut at a f, a f. A little simple embroidery in colored wool on the two sides of the breast completes the garment. d e is the seam between the two breadths of stuff, and this is covered by a piece of colored material.
- n. A garment of similar shape worn in the towns, made of finer material.
- n. Also spelled abba.
- n. An altazimuth instrument, designed by Antoine d'Abbadie, for determining latitude on land without the use of an artificial horizon.
- n. A coarse, often striped, fabric from the middle east, woven from goat or camel hair.
- n. An altazimuth used for astronomy on either land or water.
- n. a loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth; worn by Arabs
- n. a fabric woven from goat hair and camel hair
- From Arabic عَبَاءَة. (Wiktionary)
- Arabic 'abā'. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The wawa aba is the seed of the wawa tree, one of the strongest and most processible woods of Africa.”
“For the Akan culture originating from Western Africa the name wawa aba is a symbol of persistence.”
“Supposedly, the Black Rock of the Ka'aba is a remnant of the altar that Abraham prepared.”
“(aba akaki kOrOmObO kOnOmibumu, 'I like red clothes'); you can hear it spoken here (mpg file).”
“Not only by the immense number of adherents that were won to his views during his lifetime, but also by the literary productions he left behind him, Tsong K'aba's influence has been great during the last five centuries of Tibetan history.”
“Besides the worship of Tsong K'aba's image, we witnessed many other weird and interesting ceremonies during our residence in Kumbum.”
“Anent this question the Tibetan legends speak of a strange lama who came to the land of Amdo from the far western regions and resided in Tsong K'aba's tent, a man of wondrous learning and piety, having a big nose and bright dashing eyes.”
“I became an Occupational Therapist very late in life to help children with autism, but i get sickened by supposed professionals who assume that aba is the only way to go thank you”
“June 3, 2008 10: 14 AM aba (thats haba by the way) (h) it cant be dat bad ke?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘aba’.
Here I have in mind a list of words that could be spelled with only the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, and G--and thus could also be played as a tune on the piano.
Not just rare words, but thousands of RARE WORDS WITH DEFINITIONS.
If you want to see the definitions, too, go to
¡La única lista que también incluye flexiónes verbales y pluralizaciones! Ayúdame a encontrarlas todas.
(Por ser una lista para Scrabble, los dígrafos ll, rr, y ch valen como una sola ...
aa gets over 40 hits
aardvark 49 hits
abbatoir 103 hits
abjure 138 hits
3 letter words, not the girl band.
boggle and speed scrabble would not be half as fun without them.
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
Woven, knit and tatted fabrics. Other kinds of cloth, such as tapa and chamois are not included.
There are 17576 different sequences of three letters (26 x 26 x 26). How many of them occur in words? General rules of engagement: mononyms only, lower case preferred to upper case, short preferred...
Well, here comes all the words that begin with an A.
Wish me luck
Looking for tweets for aba.