from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fabric woven of the hair of camels or goats.
- n. A loose-fitting sleeveless garment made of this fabric, traditionally worn by Arabs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A coarse, often striped, fabric from the middle east, woven from goat or camel hair.
- n. An altazimuth used for astronomy on either land or water.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A coarse woolen stuff, woven of goats' or camels' or other hair or wool in Syria, Arabia, and neighboring countries.
- n. An outer garment made of the above, very simple in form, worn by the Arabs of the desert.
- n. A garment of similar shape worn in the towns, made of finer material.
- n. Also spelled abba.
- n. An altazimuth instrument, designed by Antoine d'Abbadie, for determining latitude on land without the use of an artificial horizon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth; worn by Arabs
- n. a fabric woven from goat hair and camel hair
Arabic 'abā'.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Arabic عَبَاءَة. (Wiktionary)