from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Related or tending to abstractionism, particularly art.
- n. Someone who supports or creates abstract art.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An idealist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who occupies himself with abstractions; an idealist; a dreamer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a painter of abstract pictures
- adj. not representing or imitating external reality or the objects of nature
abstraction + -ist (Wiktionary)