from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of acerose.
- adj. Destitute of tentacles, as certain mollusks
- adj. Without antennae, as some insects
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Same as acerose.
- adj. Destitute of tentacles, as certain mollusks.
- adj. Without antennæ, as some insects.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as acerose.
- Of or pertaining to the Acera, 2.
- Having minute or undeveloped antennæ, as an insect.
- Having no horns; aceratophorous.
Same as acerose (Wiktionary)
From Ancient Greek ἀ- (a-, "not") + κέρας (keras, "horn") (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.