from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To bring an acetyl group into (an organic molecule).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To react with acetic acid or one of its derivatives; to introduce one or more acetyl groups into a substance
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. receive substitution of an acetyl group; of chemical compounds.
- transitive v. introduce an acetyl group into a chemical compound.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To introduce the acetyl group into; especially, to prepare an acetyl derivative of an organic compound containing a hydroxyl- or amino-group.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. introduce an acetyl group into (a chemical compound)
- v. receive substitution of an acetyl group
Sorry, no etymologies found.