from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To rid of color; render achromatic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To deprive of colour; to make achromatic.
- v. To remove chromatic aberration from an optical system
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To deprive of color; to make achromatic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render achromatic; deprive of color, or of the power of transmitting colored light. Also spelled achromatise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove color from
From Ancient Greek ἀ- (a-, "not") + χρῶμα (khrōma, "colour") (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.