from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Growing well in an acid medium: acidophilic bacteria.
- adj. Easily stained with acid dyes: an acidophilic cell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or being an acidophile
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. growing well in an acid medium; said of some bacteria.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as acidophil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. especially of some bacteria; growing well in an acid medium
Sorry, no etymologies found.