American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Developing or maturing from the base toward the apex, as in those plant organs in which the younger tissues are nearer the apex.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, developing from below upward, or from the base toward the apex; basifugal.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Bot.) Developing from below towards the apex, or from the circumference towards the center; centripetal; -- said of certain inflorescence.
- adj. of leaves or flowers; developing or opening in succession from base to apex
- acro- + -petal (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘acropetal’.
A hodgepodge, jumble, jambalaya, *gallimaufry, circus and tent revival of plant anatomy and morphology terms and phrases - its a big tent, and no tickets are required.
Looking for tweets for acropetal.