Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See bankruptcy.
- n. An English statute of 1843 as to defamation
- n. An English statute of 1838 as to obscene publications.
- n. An English statute of 1860 as to endowed schools.
- n. An English statute of 1844 for conserving the property of dissenting congregations to the uses of the faith originally intended, by making 25 years' usage evidence thereof in the absence of a controlling declaration in the deed or instrument of trust. This act is known also as the Dissenters' Chapels Act.
- n. An English statute of 1833 shortening the time prescribed by the statute of limitations in certain cases.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Law) an act of a debtor which renders him liable to be adjudged a bankrupt.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘act of bankruptcy’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for act of bankruptcy.