from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A greenish variety of amphibole.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mineral with monoclinic crystals of the chemical formula Ca2(Mg,Fe)5Si8O22(OH)2, belonging to the amphibole group.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A bright green variety of amphibole occurring usually in fibrous or columnar masses.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A radiatedmineral, called by Werner strahlstein (ray-stone), consisting of silicates of calcium, magnesium, and iron.
- n. A trade-name of an apparatus by which the ultra-violet rays may be employed in the treatment of cutaneous diseases.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a green mineral of the amphibole group; calcium magnesium iron silicate
Sorry, no etymologies found.