American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various filamentous, mostly anaerobic microorganisms of the genus Actinomyces, which includes the causative agents of actinomycosis.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The ray-fungus: so called from the rosettes of club-shaped structures in which it presents itself. The disease actinomycosis is caused by the presence of this fungus.
- n. [capitalized] [NL. (Harz, 1877).] A genus of fungi of doubtful relationship. The type is A. bovis, the ray-fungus. See actinomyces, 1.
- n. soil-inhabiting saprophytes and disease-producing plant and animal parasites
- New Latin Actīnomycēs, genus name : actino- + Greek mukēs, fungus. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The thermophilic, cellulolytic, and starch-utilizing actinomyces, such as Thermoactinomyces sp., may provide an opportunity to produce single-cell protein for feed supplements in tropical climates.”
“Phanerochaete chrysosporium Delignified cellulose for use as feed, fibre, or further conversions Under research Thermoactinomyces sp. and other thermophilic actinomyces Human food”
“The actinomyces gain access to the bone through a carious tooth or through the gum.”
“Oral cavity contains millions of anaerobic bacteria like fusobacterium and actinomyces which acts on the protein of food materials and putrefies them.”
“Propionibacterium bifidobacterium lactobacillus actinomyces”
“_______________________________________ Green Phoskko® Compost Activator (@ 250gr/Pack) is pre-eminent microbe consortium (bacterium of aktinomycetes, yeast, and mushroom aktinomycetes - species actinomyces naeslundii, Lactobacillus species delbrueckii, Bacillus”
“Pack) is pre-eminent microbe consortium (bacterium of aktinomycetes, yeast, and mushroom aktinomycetes - species actinomyces naeslundii, Lactobacillus species delbrueckii, Bacillus”
‘actinomyces’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for actinomyces.