from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In an active manner.
- adv. In the active form; not passive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In an active manner; nimbly; briskly; energetically; also, by one's own action; voluntarily, not passively.
- adv. In an active signification.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an active manner; by action or movement; hence, briskly or energetically: as, to engage actively in business; to work actively.
- In an active sense; by active application or attention; in a way involving or implying action: opposed to passively: as, to employ a verb actively; to study actively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in an active manner
active + -ly (Wiktionary)