from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relevant; pertinent.
- adv. To the point; relevantly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertinent; relevant.
- adv. Pertinently; to the purpose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To the point or purpose; pertinently to the matter in hand; to the question under consideration; practically, considering the peculiarities of the special case.
Latin : ad, to + rem, accusative of rēs, matter, thing.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin ad ("to") rem, accusative of res ("matter") (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.