from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A chiefly siliceous meteorite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A meteorite consisting of silicate minerals
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A stone, or metallic mass, which has fallen to the earth from distant space; a meteorite; a meteoric stone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A body falling through the atmosphere to the earth from outer space; a meteorite; properly, a meteoric stone. See meteorite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a stony meteorite consisting of silicate minerals
From aero- + -lite. (Wiktionary)