from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Cramps or pains following childbirth, caused by contractions of the uterus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of afterpain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. The pains which succeed childbirth, as in expelling the afterbirth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- The uterine pains which occur in childbirth after the expulsion of the child and the afterbirth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pains felt by a woman after her baby is born; associated with contractions of the uterus
Sorry, no etymologies found.