from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Absence of or faulty secretion of milk following childbirth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The failure of a mother to produce sufficient milk following childbirth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Failure of the due secretion of milk after childbirth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, a deficiency of milk in a mother after childbirth. Also called agalaxy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a condition in which milk is not secreted in the mother's breasts after her child has been delivered
New Latin, from Greek agalaktiā, lack of milk : a-, without; see a-1 + gala, galakt-, milk; see melg- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)