American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various small, long-tailed, insect-eating lizards of the family Agamidae, found in the Old World tropics.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of small saurian reptiles, typical of the family Agamidæ (which see).
- n. [l. c] A member or species of the genus Agama, or of closely related genera: with a plural, agamas (-mäz).
- The agamous division of mollusks. See agamous, 2.
- n. Any of the various small, long-tailed lizards of the subfamily Agaminae, especially in genera Acanthocercus, Agama, Dendragama, Laudakia, Phrynocephalus, Trapelus and Xenagama.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) A genus of lizards, one of the few which feed upon vegetable substances; also, one of these lizards.
- n. small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World
- American Spanish, of Cariban origin. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The Sling-tailed agama is a large, robust lizard (c. 300 mm long) with an armour-plated look, and it’s wide ranging, occurring across eastern Europe, northern Africa, north-east Arabia and Asia.”
“Hindu bukanlah agama yang dogmatis, Ia adalah agama yang filosofis.”
“Kemungkinan para keluarga puri berpikir, membangun masjid di dalam pura, sama dengan membangun palinggih lain untuk satu Istadewata dari satu agama lain.”
“Hubungan antar agama tidak dapat didasarkan semata atas prasangka baik saja (apalagi prasangka buruk).”
“A number of lizard species (skinks, geckos, agamas) are characteristic for the mountain forests, among those Himalayan rock agama (Stellio himalayanus), legless glass lizard (Ophisaurus apodus), Asian snake-eyed skink (Ablepharus pannonicus).”
“Among the reptiles are isolated populations of four species: toad-headed agama Phrynocephalus versocolor, multicellated racerunner Eremias multiocellata, Gobi racerunner Eremias przewalskii and patterned grass-snake Elapha dione; also the locally rare adder Vipera berus, moccasin snake Aghistrodon halys, Tlafe agilis and sand lizard Lacerta agilis.”
“Typical Turanian desert reptiles found here include Central Asian tortoise (Testudo horsfieldi), Elaphe quatuorlineata, toad agama (Phrynocephalus ocellatus), runner Eremias arguta, gecko Alsophylax pipiens; in sand massifs, skink gecko (Teratoscincus scincus).”
“Arboreal forest species include chameleons, the tree agama (Agama atricollis), the yellow-spotted tree frog (Leptopelis flavomaculatus), and tree snakes.”
“This agama inhabits the edges of the pans but it is difficult to see as it buries itself in the sand during the heat of the day.”
“The Makgadikgadi spiny agama (Agama makarikarica) is endemic to the Makgadikgadi Pans complex.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘agama’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words that have only one of the vowels. On this list I include only words with at least three vowels. When I first started the list, if a word had several forms, I generally listed only the one wit...
Looking for tweets for agama.