from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To fill and raise the level of (the bed of a stream) by deposition of sediment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to raise the level of a river bed by the deposition of sediment
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To bring, or tend to bring, to a uniform grade, or slope, by addition of material.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In geology, to grade up; fill up: the opposite of degrade or wear away.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. build up to a level by depositing sediment
ad- + gradation (Wiktionary)