from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking a lower jaw: agnathan fish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Belonging or pertaining to the superclass Agnatha, the jawless vertebrates.
- n. A member of the superclass Agnatha of jawless vertebrates.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an eel-shaped vertebrate without jaws or paired appendages; a member of the Agnatha. The group includes the cyclostomes and some extinct forms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. eel-shaped vertebrate without jaws or paired appendages including the cyclostomes and some extinct forms
a-1 + Greek gnathos, jaw.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Agnatha, from Ancient Greek ἀ- (a-, "without") + γνάθος (gnathos, "jaw") (Wiktionary)