from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A brake, especially on a motor vehicle, that is operated by compressed air.
- n. A surface, such as an aileron, that can be projected into the airflow in order to decrease the air speed of an airplane by increasing drag; a spoiler.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of airbrake.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A railway brake powered by compressed air.
- n. See Air brake, in the Vocabulary.
Sorry, no etymologies found.