from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pump for compressing, removing, or forcing a flow of air.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pump that moves air either into, or out of, something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A kind of pump for exhausting air from a vessel or closed space; also, a pump to condense air or force it into a closed space.
- A pump used to exhaust from a condenser the condensed steam, the water used for condensing, and any commingled air.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An apparatus for the exhaustion, compression, or transmission of air.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pump that moves air in or out of something
Sorry, no etymologies found.