American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To send (a letter, for example) by air.
- adj. Of, relating to, or for use with air mail.
- n. The system of conveying mail by aircraft.
- n. Mail conveyed or to be conveyed by aircraft.
- adj. Of, or relating to such a system.
- n. The system of conveying mail using aircraft.
- n. The items of mail so carried.
- v. transitive To send mail by air.
- n. letters and packages that are transported by aircraft
- v. send or transport by airmail
- n. a system of conveying mail by aircraft
“I sent my husband a card snail mail but airmail from the U.S. to the Ajijic box on Nov. 22.”
“Soon, barnstorming gave way to real aviation businesses such as airmail and passenger point-to-point carriage.”
“North Korea will promise not to send anymore "airmail" to that island.”
“With the advent of the airplane it became possible to move goods much more quickly, reducing the end-to-end time to deliver some items (such as airmail) to days.”
“Saturday, she cried with joy as she pulled out a sheath of letters, carefully folded inside airmail envelopes, from the ruins love letters between her mom and dad when he served in the Korean War.”
“When I went there to mail some books to myself back in March, I was told that M-bags were no longer in use since everything is sent by airmail these days.”
“Consider for example, the 1964 petition for the release of Nelson Mandela from South African prison, circulated purely by hand and airmail.”
“The first fixed route airmail service is inaugurated, linking Mexico City to Tuxpan and Tampico.”
“He later worked as an airmail pilot, flying back and forth between St. Louis and Chicago.”
“For all those pilot-engineers who want to keep NASA running the show, the government tried that in the 1920s when they tried to fly the airmail.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘airmail’.
Words with repeated diphthongs or other pairs of vowels, with no other vowels.
aeae, aiai, aoao, auau, ayay, eaea, eiei, eoeo, eueu, eyey, iaia, ieie, ioio, iuiu, oaoa, oeoe, oioi, ouo...
Types of letters and correspondence
Looking for tweets for airmail.