from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To send (a letter, for example) by air.
- adj. Of, relating to, or for use with air mail.
- n. The system of conveying mail by aircraft.
- n. Mail conveyed or to be conveyed by aircraft.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to such a system.
- n. The system of conveying mail using aircraft.
- n. The items of mail so carried.
- v. To send mail by air.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. letters and packages that are transported by aircraft
- v. send or transport by airmail
- n. a system of conveying mail by aircraft
Sorry, no etymologies found.