from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Scots A cardinal point on the compass.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To guide; to direct.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. to pick one's way.
- transitive v. to point out the way; to direct or guide.
- transitive v. channel into a new direction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Point of the compass; direction.
- To direct or point out the way: as, can you airt me to the school-house?
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. channel into a new direction
Middle English art, from Scottish Gaelic aird, from Old Irish aird, point of the compass.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Scots (Wiktionary)