from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The time during which a radio or television station is broadcasting. Also called airspace.
- n. The time at which a radio or television program is broadcast.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The duration during which a radio or television program (or part of one) is transmitted.
- n. The chargeable use of a mobile phone, either in minutes or in units dependent on the use or traffic.
- n. The period during which a person riding a rollercoaster or similar ride experiences a feeling of weightlessness.
The easiest way to fill space or airtime is to give it over to advocates on particular issues -- to substitute opinion for reporting.
Why he even gets airtime is beyond me ... is he paying the media to cover him?
Tue 09/29/09 6: 14 PM sooo i agree with mark. i love sheldon to pieces, he does make off with the show, but the other four getting more airtime is greatly needed.
I voted for him and, as a lifelong Democrat, I support most of his agenda; but frankly, his speeches and the 24/7 airtime is beginning to get on my last nerve.
As long as the media keeps giving Ms. Palin airtime, she'll continue to make more money.
(It allows you to make wallpapers and ringtones and sell them for $0.10 in airtime credit to other Virgin Mobile users.)
"The uncertain wider economic conditions and the continued short-term airtime bookings make us cautious in our outlook," the company said in a statement.
In the era of cable, we have become more used to obsessive coverage of events because news airtime is no longer a scarce resource, but it was then.
One of the last things that Emiliano Limon always does before airtime is to use the station's NexGen Audio Editing System to load various recorded sound bites from the day's broadcast news onto a Prophet file that goes with the Cut Sheet.
Focal points for protest are the radical reduction in Afrikaans airtime on national television and the concern that soon Afrikaner children will not be able to find Afrikaans state schools.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.