from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The rump bone, especially of cattle.
- n. The cut of beef containing the rump bone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cut of beef lying above the rump bone
- n. The rump bone itself
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The bone of the rump; also, the cut of beef surrounding this bone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The bone of the buttock or rump in cattle; the cut of beef which includes this bone.
- n. Kerve up the flesh ther up to the hach-bone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cut of beef including the H-shaped rump bone
Alteration (influenced by aitch) of Middle English hach-boon, from an hach-boon, an aitchbone, alteration of a nachebon : nache, buttock (from Old French, from Late Latin naticās, accusative pl. of natica, buttock, from Latin natis) + bon, bone (from Old English bān).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
See natch. (Wiktionary)