from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A clock that can be set to sound a bell or buzzer at a desired hour.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A clock with an alarm that can be set to sound at a determined time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a clock or watch which can be so set as to ring or strike loudly at a prearranged hour, to wake from sleep, or excite attention.
- n. See under Alarm.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A clock which can be so set as to make a loud and continued noise at a particular time, in order to arouse from sleep or attract attention.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a clock that wakes a sleeper at some preset time
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.