from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To convert into alcohol by fermentation, or to increase the concentration of alcohol by rectification
- v. To infuse or saturate with an alcoholic spirit
- v. To subject to the influence of alcohol
- v. To reduce to a fine powder
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To reduce to a fine powder.
- transitive v. To convert into alcohol; to rectify; also, to saturate with alcohol.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To convert into alcohol; rectify (spirit) till it is wholly purified.
- To saturate with alcohol; expose to the influence or subject to the effects of alcohol.
- To reduce to an impalpable powder.
- Also spelled alcoholise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make alcoholic, as by fermenting
- v. treat or infuse with alcohol
- v. subject to the influence of alcohol
Sorry, no etymologies found.