from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Always.
- adv. Any way, by any means.
- adv. Anyway, in any case; notwithstanding; at all events; yet.
- adv. Altogether.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Always; wholly; everywhere.
- adv. By any or means; at all events.
- adv. Notwithstanding; yet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In every direction; everywhere; always; under all circumstances.
- In every respect; altogether; entirely.
- In any way; at all.
- By all means; on any terms; at any rate.
- Notwithstanding; nevertheless.
From all + gate (compare Old Norse alla götu). (Wiktionary)