from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An apparatus for measuring alkalinity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device used to measure alkalinity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument to ascertain the strength of alkalies, or the quantity of alkali in a mixture.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument used for ascertaining the strength of alkalis, or the quantity of alkali in caustic potash and soda.
- n. An instrument for the quantitative analysis of carbonated alkali.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.