from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternating from one row of a matrix to another.
- adj. Composed of alternate layers, like certain rocks.
- n. An alternate form or allomorph.
- n. A determinant which is an alternating function.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Composed of alternate layers, as some rocks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Alternating; specifically, in geology, composed of alternate layers, as some rocks.
- n. In mathematics, a determinant all the elements of each row (or column) of which are functions of one variable different from that of any other row (or column), while the elements of any one column (or row) are like functions of the different variables. Such, for example, is
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Mr. Obama wants no off shore drilling nor drilling in the ANWR, this alone will leave us dependant on foreign oil and alternant energy (AE) sources.
The paradigm that you give for *ǵʰésr- is talked about in Fortson's above-mentioned book on page 112 and there is no mention of a bizarre alternant **ǵʰsér- as you claim, even despite his pointing directly to the Hittite form kissaras in the same paragraph.
Je comate sur le canapé toute la matinee, toute la journee alternant des crise de vomissement et de diarrhee aigue.
Torpid Liver, Affections of the Kidneys, Chronic Cutaneous Diseases, Scrofula, Neuralgia, Secondary and Teritary Syphilis, Nephritic and Calculous Disorders, and most Diseases peculiar to females; together with such other chronic complaints wherein alternant and eliminative agency affords relief.
In this regard, graphene has been referred to as an infinite alternant (only six-member carbon ring) polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH).
Check with Go Daddy to see if they have alternant port settings.
: A class of parameterised error-correcting codes which are a special case of alternant codes.
Hockett does not say: MEN = Morphemic alternant of MAN + ZERO ALTERNANT of the plural suffix.
In [[coding theory]], '' 'alternant codes' '' form a class of parameterised [[Error detection and correction | error-correcting codes]] which generalise the [[BCH code]] s.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.