from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternating from one row of a matrix to another.
- adj. Composed of alternate layers, like certain rocks.
- n. An alternate form or allomorph.
- n. A determinant which is an alternating function.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Composed of alternate layers, as some rocks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Alternating; specifically, in geology, composed of alternate layers, as some rocks.
- n. In mathematics, a determinant all the elements of each row (or column) of which are functions of one variable different from that of any other row (or column), while the elements of any one column (or row) are like functions of the different variables. Such, for example, is
Sorry, no etymologies found.