from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. in an alternative way
- adv. Used to link a pair of possibilities
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In the manner of alternatives, or that admits the choice of one out of two things.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an alternative manner; in a manner that admits the choice or possibility of one out of two things.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in place of, or as an alternative to
alternative + -ly (Wiktionary)