American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A white or greenish mineral, (Li,Na)Al(PO4)(F,OH), that is an important source of lithium.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A mineral, generally massive, rarely in triclinic crystals. It is a phosphate of aluminium and lithium containing fluorin, and in color is greenish-white, yellowish-white, or of other light shade. It is found in Europe at Chursdorf, near Penig, Saxony, in the United States at Hebron, Maine, and elsewhere.
- n. mineralogy A mineral, a mixed fluoride and aluminophosphate of sodium and lithium that is an important ore of lithium.
- n. a white or grey mineral consisting of lithium aluminum phosphate; a source of lithium
- German Amblygonit, from Greek amblugōnios, obtuse-angled : amblus, blunt; see mel-1 in Indo-European roots + gōniā, angle; see genu-1 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Petalite is found in the minerals spodumene, lepidolite mica, and amblygonite.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘amblygonite’.
List of minerals, elements, group names and geochemistry terms encountered in the science of mineralogy. I've chosen to avoid capital letters in most examples, though a great many mineral names hon...
Looking for tweets for amblygonite.