from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Moving or walking about.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to walk.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Walking; moving from place to place.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Walking; moving from place to place; shifting.
- In heraldry, walking: said of a beast used as a bearing.
- In pathology, shifting about from place to place; ambulatory: as, ambulant edema.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. able to walk about
French, from Latin ambulāns, ambulant-, present participle of ambulāre, to walk.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin ambulans, present participle of ambulare ("to walk"). (Wiktionary)