Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not subject to metamorphosis. Applied to those insects, such as lice, which do not possess wings when perfect, and which do not, therefore, pass through any well-marked metamorphosis.
- adj. Not undergoing any metamorphosis.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Not undergoing any metamorphosis. Opposite of
- adj. undergoing only slight metamorphosis.
- adj. undergoing slight or no metamorphosis
- adj. undergoing no (or only slight) metamorphosis
- a- + metabolic (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ametabolic’.
Looking for tweets for ametabolic.