from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of ammodyte.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. type genus of the Ammodytidae.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of fishes, of the family Ammodytidœ; the sand-eel or sand-lance (which see).
- n. In herpetology, sand-natters, a genus of colubriform serpents, usually called Eryx (which see). Bonaparte, 1831.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. type genus of the Ammodytidae
Sorry, no etymologies found.