from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of ammonite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. ammonite
- adj. Characteristic of an ammonite
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. one of the coiled chambered fossil shells of extinct mollusks; same as ammonite.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the Ammonoidea.
- Pertaining to or having the characteristics of the Ammonoidea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the coiled chambered fossil shells of extinct mollusks
Sorry, no etymologies found.