from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A metamorphic rock composed chiefly of amphibole with minor plagioclase and little quartz.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of a class of metamorphic rock composed mainly of amphibole with some quartz etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a metamorphic rock composed chiefly of amphibole and plagioclase.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A rock belonging to the class of the crystalline schists, and consisting largely of green hornblende, together with quartz or feldspar, or both. It is always more or less distinctly in beds like gneiss.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a metamorphic rock composed chiefly of amphibole and plagioclase
Sorry, no etymologies found.