from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small crustacean of the order Amphipoda, such as the beach flea, having a laterally compressed body with no carapace.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of taxonomic order Amphipoda of small, shrimp-like crustaceans.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the Amphipoda.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Amphipoda.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as amphipodous.
- n. An amphipodan; one of the Amphipoda.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a kind of malacostracan crustacean
From New Latin Amphipoda, order name : amphi- + New Latin -poda, -pod.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Amphipoda. (Wiktionary)