Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or produced by the refraction of light.
- Bending back; refracted.
- In prosody, modified or characterized by anaclasis.
- adj. Produced by the refraction of light, as seen through water.
- adj. Springing back, as the bottom of an anaclastic glass.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Opt.) Produced by the refraction of light, as seen through water.
- adj. Springing back, as the bottom of an
- Ancient Greek ἀνακλάω (anaklaō, "bend back, reflect"). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘anaclastic’.
Not just rare words, but thousands of RARE WORDS WITH DEFINITIONS.
If you want to see the definitions, too, go to
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
Looking for tweets for anaclastic.